Are you looking for laser dentistry in Santa Rosa? Dr. Harry Albers and his team are proud to be among around 6 per cent of general dentists who own a laser for soft-tissue applications. We offer the very latest laser dentistry techniques for faster and more precise procedures with less pain and downtime.
First built in 1960, lasers now range in size from semiconductor lasers as small as a grain of salt to solid-state and gas lasers as large as a storage building. They are widely used in industry, in medicine for surgery, and in communications, scientific research, and holography. The light beam produced by most lasers is pencil-thin and maintains its size and direction over very large distances.
- Reduce tooth sensitivity.
- Reshape gum tissue and bone to expose healthier tooth structure, a procedure also known as crown lengthening.
- Reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy smile.
- Removal of soft tissue folds often caused by ill-fitting dentures.
- Painless and suture-free removal of benign tumors.
- Low intensity dental lasers reduce pain associated with cold sores and reduce healing time.
- A laser frenectomy is an ideal treatment option for children who are tongue-tied.
- In cases where sleep apnea is a result of a tissue overgrowth in areas of the throat (which sometimes occurs with age), a laser assisted uvuloplasty or laser assisted uvula palatoplasty (LAUP) procedure can be performed to reshape the throat and relieve the correlating breathing problems associated with sleep apnea.
To learn more about our services in laser dentistry in Santa Rosa, please phone our offices on (707) 575-1190 today.