Invisalign is a proprietary system that makes use of patented plastic resin aligners to straighten crooked teeth. Dr. Harry Albers is one of the most experienced Preferred Providers of Invisalign in Santa Rosa and has been using this revolutionary system to treat patients in Santa Rosa and make the entire process of teeth straightening more convenient and comfortable for the patient. The use of the clear plastic aligners has created such an impact over conventional metal braces that it has clearly taken orthodontics to an entirely new level.
The advantage of using the Invisalign system is that it has won over more than 700,000 patients and continues to do so because people recognize its superiority over other methods of teeth straightening in the market today. Perhaps the most notable advantage of using Invisalign is that the aligners are transparent, making them virtually invisible as the patient is wearing them. This makes them very popular among teens and adults who are in need of orthodontic care but do not particularly like the gaudy appearance of the traditional metal braces. Another great advantage of these appliances is that they are removable. This means that the patient can easily take them off during meal time to reduce the possibility of food getting stuck in between the apparatus, and also effectively does away with dietary restrictions because the patient will not have any problem eating the kinds of food that he likes. Being removable also makes Invisalign aligners very easy to clean and maintain. One thing more is that using this system will make the orthodontic treatment faster, usually taking only up to 12 or 18 months for the results to become evident.
- The dentist takes actual impressions, x-rays, and photographs of the patient’s teeth that will be submitted to the Align Technology Laboratory where the aligners will be fabricated.
- The Align Technology will use these images to create a three-dimensional recreation of the patient’s teeth.
- This system will then map out calculated movements of the teeth over the specified treatment period
- For each stage of the virtual treatment plan, a corresponding plastic aligner will be fabricated
- When all the aligners are made, the dentist has the patient wear the first set of aligners for about two weeks. These aligners will be switched out every two weeks after that until the desired results are obtained.
Unlike conventional metal braces, the treatment period for Invisalign braces only takes about a year to complete. The results are gradually seen throughout this period as the patient switches out aligners. It is highly recommended that the patient wear the plastic aligners at least 20 hours a day. They may be removed during eating or for cleaning the appliance, but keeping them on the rest of the time ensures that treatment yields the most optimal results.